Teaching the principles of applied communication and digital media is a challenge as it is the core of digital literacy and its evolutionary course and overall existence. The educational process is highly communicative; it has evolved into a continuous adaptation to modern standards and is outlined by the technological standards as the new generation of students require new teaching standards outlined by the modern ways of communication, applications, technologies and devices.
The course has a dual objective addressing the skills of “”special teaching”” thus aiming to prepare the graduates for potential educational tasks as well the role of modern digital media in teaching and learning. A variety of digital applications exists such as multimedia interactive learning applications, intelligent tutoring systems, Adaptive HypermMedia, management systems etc. which upgrade the educational process and promote e-learning
Upon successful completion of the course students will be able to:
- develop sophisticated and innovative curriculum designs on courses of their choice.
- manage course plans and put them into practice on a targeted audience.
- manage versioning, so that the final version of each plan has emerged through multiple experiential feedback.
- incorporate creative and participatory techniques beyond conventional ones, such as brainstorming, work, excursions, role-playing games, and especially new technologies.
- develop criteria in didactic planning and in particular in the selection of the appropriate digital medium and communication strategy.
- understand how to experiment with modern learning standards, based on modern forms of digital communication.
- take into account age stratification and adapt their design to the specific conditions of the course.
- practice their critical knowledge in order to: (a) categorize the various technologies that have applications in education as well as to distinguish among them. (b) select and combine appropriate technologies that can be applied in different educational environments and at different levels and types of education (eg pre-school education, primary, secondary, tertiary, special education, adult education, etc.). (c) evaluate and compare educational technologies according to the desired scope.
|Code||Course||Semester||C / Ε||Theory (hours)||Lab (hours)||ECTS|
|Selection 2 out of 4|
|803EY||Digital Media in Education||8||Ε||3||5|
|Selection 1 out of 3|
|807EY||Three-Dimensional (3D) Computer Graphics||8||Ε||2||2||5|
|808EY||Digital Game-Based Learning||8||Ε||2||2||5|