The course addresses the use of design elements and principles in 3D communication representations towards creating and use 3D graphics. Main topics include terminology and design rules, introduction to 3D graphic digital communication towards understanding visual representation, as well as use of 3D multimedia applications and adaptation of 3D graphics to Internet applications whilst form and composition related aspects such as designing procedures, balance, rhythm and harmony are examined.
The lab of the course includes the following topics:
- Complete a 3D visualization of concepts, by applying different approaches, understanding and sketching ideas and presenting them.
- Create 3D graphic representations for their use in digital media.
- Implement 3D graphics products.
Upon successful completion of the course, students will be able to know:
- The concept and usage methods of 3D graphics.
- The techniques and tools for developing 3D models
- The problems and differences in design and creation of 3D models for movies, games and applications.
- To design and visualize 3D graphics.
|Code||Course||Semester||C / Ε||Theory (hours)||Lab (hours)||ECTS|
|Selection 2 out of 4|
|803EY||Digital Media in Education||8||Ε||3||5|
|Selection 1 out of 3|
|807EY||Three-Dimensional (3D) Computer Graphics||8||Ε||2||2||5|
|808EY||Digital Game-Based Learning||8||Ε||2||2||5|