The course focuses on fixed image and animation, while it is also related to the subject of television production, utilizing the relevant infrastructure of the Department.
The aim of the course is to immerse students in the sensory, technological background, possibilities of utilization and message power of the image through the analysis of the above in theoretical and practical level. Respectively, students enter the impressive world of animation and virtual reality, studying and developing relevant applications.
The laboratory part of the course includes the following sections:
- Familiarity with professional image editing software.
- Development of design applications.
- Familiarity with the TV studio.
- Production of television broadcasts of various specifications.
- Introduction to virtual reality by demonstrating the operation of the relevant system and producing small-scale exercises.
Upon successful completion of the course, students will:
- have understood at a theoretical level the perceptual framework of image and design
- have produced television shows as a member of a working group.
- be familiar with the tools and techniques of image processing and animation
- be immersed in the process of image production and animation.
- be familiar to the operation and development process of simple VR applications.
|Code||Course||Semester||C / E||Theory (hours)||Lab (hours)||ECTS|
|201Y||Introduction to Sociology||2||C||4||5|
|202Y||Introduction to Journalism||2||C||4||5|
|203Y||Fundamentals of Marketing||2||C||4||5|
|204Y||Big Data Analysis and Communication I||2||C||4||5|
|205Y||Applications of Digital Image and Animation||2||C||2||2||5|