This course focuses on the use of Information and Communication Technology (ICT) in all procedures and value chains composing the tourism industry. Tourism, which is by nature a globalized service, has greatly benefited from the use of technology.
Within the course the use of Technology in all its forms is examined:
- All stages of a trip (pre-trip, in-trip, post-trip).
- All types of companies having role in the service and value chain of tourism (e.g. hotels, airlines, travel agencies, restaurants, intermediaries, etc.).
- Tourism destinations.
Particular emphasis is placed on the use of technology for the success of Tourism Marketing strategies by all those who promote and sell tourism services. The concepts of Hotel Digital Marketing and Destination Marketing are particularly analyzed within the course.
Specifically, the following topics are addressed:
- Introduction to e-Tourism.
- History and evolution of Global Distribution System (GDS) & CRS.
- Business models in Tourism (B2B, B2C, C2C and C2B).
- E-Tourism payment systems.
- Online Marketing in Tourism.
- Gamification and Tourism Marketing.
- ICT in hotels and the aviation industry.
- ICT in Tour Operators travel agencies.
- ICT for the management and marketing of tourism destinations.
- Management Information Systems in Tourism.
- Consumer Relationship Management (CRM) in the Tourism Industry.
- Social Media Marketing and Tourism.
- Mobile applications and services in Tourism.
- Standardization in Tourism.
- Online Auction Markets in Tourism.
- Booking.com and Airbnb.com.
- Tourist Websites.
- Security issues in E-Tourism.
- The future of E-Tourism.
As the tourism industry is of crucial importance in Greece, detailed examples and good practices of successful use of technological applications in the Tourism Industry in Greece and abroad are addressed.
Finally, the course focuses on understanding consumer tourism behavior in terms of the tourist destination and accommodation selection process and the visitor experience; these both facilitate ICT development s in relation to tourism products and services. To this end, the course addresses aspects related to e-tourism business as well as the use of information systems in the hospitality and tourism industry in Greece.
Upon successful completion of the course students will be able to know:
- How Technology has affected the Tourism industry in Greece and worldwide.
- Which Technologies are used within tourism business.
- How the touristic product is digitally distributed worldwide.
- Good tourism marketing practices for stakeholders and destinations.
- Features and good practices of using the large companies of Online Tour Operators.
|Code||Course||Semester||C / Ε||Theory (hours)||Lab (hours)||ECTS|
|402Y||Framework of Electronic Communication Services Provision||4||C||4||5|
|403Y||Marketing Information Systems||4||C||4||5|
|406Y||Human-Computer Interaction II||4||C||2||2||5|