The use of the Internet nowadays affects every aspect of a person’s daily, social and professional life around the world. The increasing use of the Internet by humans as a means of information, socialization but also as a means of buying services and products, has forced the marketing science to redefine its priorities. Thus, today, Marketing mainly targets the Internet and digital media in general as a means of promoting messages but also as a platform for realizing strategies for the implementation of its basic theoretical principles.
The term “Digital Marketing” is a relatively new term used for about two decades. Digital Marketing is the Marketing of products and services using digital Technologies, mainly tools on the Internet but also in any other digital medium.
The Digital Marketing course spans two semesters. The first part of the course includes all the basic concepts and principles, the basic tools, techniques and procedures for measuring the effectiveness of a digital marketing campaign. The course includes theoretical teaching as well as practical practice in a computer lab where techniques are applied using online tools in real conditions.
The theoretical part of the course includes the following sections:
- Basic principles of Digital Marketing: Analysis of basic terms and principles. Market segmentation in the Digital world. Implementation of basic marketing principles in the Digital world.
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO): Websites for creating and maintaining a website. Optimization techniques for better search engine rankings.
- Inbound Marketing: Presentation of the theory of Inbound Marketing and the required elements that must coexist for its implementation (Content, Landing Pages, etc.).
- Email Marketing: Technical and correct practices for creating mailing lists. Methodology of sending group messages (Editing, structure, sending time newsletter, etc.).
- Mobile Marketing: Use of Mobile Devices for Marketing (SMS Marketing, Push Notifications, Mobile Apps, Mobile Ads).
- Introduction to the concept of Location Based Marketing and Moment Marketing.
- Affiliate Marketing: Promoting products and services through partnerships with other websites.Video Marketing: Promotion through Video channels. Creating Video Promotions. Analysis of the concept of virality. YouTube ads.
- Effectiveness and optimization measurement using measurement tools such as Google Analytics.
The laboratory part of the course includes the following sections:
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO): Optimizing a Website that uses the WordPress platform. Use online tools to improve your website’s search engine rankings.
- Email Marketing: Use online tools and especially the Mailchimp platform for comprehensive E-mail Marketing.
- Analytics: Use the Google Analytics tool to measure traffic parameters. Analysis of parameters for drawing useful conclusions and determining changes in a Website.
Upon successful completion of the course students will acquire:
- Understanding of how the basic principles of traditional marketing in the Digital World are applied and how Technology has influenced the science of Marketing.
- Knowledge of the global digital landscape, the possibilities that are opened by the use of digital media and devices and the market data.
- The ability to design basic Digital Marketing campaigns.
- Knowledge and use the basic digital Marketing tools available today.
- The ability to choose the right tools for different types of products and services that will be required to promote.
- The ability to measure the effectiveness of the tools they use through data collection and analysis.
|Code||Course||Semester||C / Ε||Theory (hours)||Lab (hours)||ECTS|
|501Y||Web Communication Strategy||5||C||4||5|
|502Y||Printed Media Design and Publishing||5||C||2||2||5|
|503Y||Digital Marketing I||5||C||2||2||5|
|Selection 3 out of 6|
|505EY||Qualitative and Quantitative Research Methods||5||Ε||3||5|
|506EY||Civilisation and Globalisation||5||Ε||3||5|
|507EY||Communication and Narrative||5||Ε||3||5|
|509EY||Human-Computer Interaction III||5||Ε||3||5|