The course provides students with an overview of project management and the essential tools needed to deliver successful projects on time and on budget.Project or Media Management harmonizes a) with the management of companies and organizations, in the sense that it follows the same principles and, b) with the practices and procedures of Project Management regardless of how much it concerns the design of a digital project. The main aim of the course is the understanding of the importance of the correct prioritization of internal processes and the identification of the most critical of them, based on their impact on the project completion schedule.
Upon successful completion of the course, students will be able to:
- Understand the necessity of the cooperation of the contractors of a project with the client and the adaptation of the design in the coverage of the needs of the latter.
- Understand the processes from designing a digital project to its implementation.
- Describe the project management key elements, including: project stakeholders, project management knowledge areas, tools and techniques, and success factors.
- Create a work breakdown structure with the related organizational and cost control structures.
- Use Critical Path Method (CPM), Programme Evaluation Review Techniques (PERT) and Gantt project control tools.
- Understand risk and risk management techniques.
- Develop a project implementation plan for a simple project
|Code||Course||Semester||C / Ε||Theory (hours)||Lab (hours)||ECTS|
|601Y||Personal Data and Privacy||6||C||4||5|
|602Y||Internet and Electronic Publishing||6||C||4||5|
|603Y||Statistical Methods and Applications||6||C||2||2||5|
|Selection 2 out of 4|
|605EY||Digital Arts and Entertainment||6||Ε||3||5|
|606EY||Corporate Social Responsibility||6||Ε||3||5|
|607EY||Social Media and Journalism||6||Ε||3||5|
|Selection 1 out of 2|
|608EY||Digital Marketing II||6||Ε||2||2||5|