The entry of new media and the Internet into journalism is directly related to social media and the way it can be used by professional journalists and ordinary citizens. The aim of the course is to demonstrate techniques and methods journalists and civil society can use for information and democracy. The use of messages, images, image symbols, sounds, animation and live streaming of multimedia information via social media has shaped today’s society.Nowadays, social movements are directly related to the information and the immediacy of events that are broadcast almost entirely by social media. The news organizations themselves invest and transmit information through their websites and try to get in touch and interact with their audience through digital social networks.
The course includes the following sections:
- Creating informative content for different types of social media (image, sound, video).
- Connecting an information website and social media.
- Production and posting of interactive diagrams on a website.
- Integration of civil society into journalism through social media.
Upon successful completion of the course students will be able to know:
- How to apply the principles of journalism on social media.
- Properly communicate the content they produce to keep citizens informed on social media.
- The best ways to use digital media on social media for information purposes.
|Code||Course||Semester||C / Ε||Theory (hours)||Lab (hours)||ECTS|
|601Y||Personal Data and Privacy||6||C||4||5|
|602Y||Internet and Electronic Publishing||6||C||4||5|
|603Y||Statistical Methods and Applications||6||C||2||2||5|
|Selection 2 out of 4|
|605EY||Digital Arts and Entertainment||6||Ε||3||5|
|606EY||Corporate Social Responsibility||6||Ε||3||5|
|607EY||Social Media and Journalism||6||Ε||3||5|
|Selection 1 out of 2|
|608EY||Digital Marketing II||6||Ε||2||2||5|