Physical Environment is of crucial importance in modern life as well as international politics. Particularly in our time as climate change intensifies with unpredictable consequences for human life. Numerous, ever-growing and complex environmental problems concern people more than ever and need a solution. As media focus on environmental issues, citizens and organizations create audiovisual means of communication to highlight environmental problems or/and ways to solve them.
The objective of the course is to investigate environmental problems and the ways and methods related to environmental information and communication, as well as communication policy of environmental organizations, journalism, governmental Organizations and the European Union with special reference to digital media and the Internet.
Upon successful completion of the course, students will be able to know:
- The definition of environmental communication.
- The correlation between environmental communication and education, journalism and the Internet.
- Models for the design and implementation of environmental communication programs.
- Application of appropriate environmental communication strategy to change behavior aiming at environmental awareness.
- The environmental assessment of communication programs.
|Code||Course||Semester||C / Ε||Theory (hours)||Lab (hours)||ECTS|
|Selection 2 out of 4|
|803EY||Digital Media in Education||8||Ε||3||5|
|Selection 1 out of 3|
|807EY||Three-Dimensional (3D) Computer Graphics||8||Ε||2||2||5|
|808EY||Digital Game-Based Learning||8||Ε||2||2||5|